Saturday, April 1, 2017

The following images are 30"x 60" and are used above the Promo aisle at work. This is the aisle that changes depending on the holiday and or season. For instance right now (April 1) I have Easter themed boards up for the approaching holiday.
This image is self explanatory. I did it last summer for the 4th. I wanted it to be simple yet profound. Many of our customers asked to see me after I put this up to thank me for it. The picture does not show that there are musket balls flying around our militia man making it feel like we are in the mists of  battle.

This is also self explanatory. I did this in February for St. Patrick's day. What I like about this one is that I had caught up on all my work from the holidays which always push me back a couple of months. It allowed me to set a table up in the lobby on one of our slow days  and paint this picture for the guests to see. It was a great opportunity to show them that the signs are painted (most think they are printed). I was also able to show them my technique. 

I did this one for our camping set last summer. The paleness of the rocks gave me some trouble as you can see ( the color seems just a little off). This is of Mount Timpanogoes and one of my favorite hikes.

This one is one of my favorites. I got the idea one day when I dropped something on the floor and scared my cat who popped up to see what it was. All I could see is what you see in the image. The sun was setting and shining through the window on her to give her those brilliant eyes. So I recreated the situation and got my camera set up to snap the picture. I then went online and found a black cat to sub in for my cat who is black and grey to complete the look.

I like doing signs that are sentimental and tug at people's heart strings. Something cute or something funny is always the best way to go depending on the holiday (ie Memorial day, the 4th, and veterans day). 

This one was also done last summer for our grilling section. I took my time because I wanted people's mouth's to water when they saw it. It worked as our sales of meat and grilling supplies had a boost over the sales from before I put the sign up. To test it I actually took it down for a week before the 4th of July and put up signs related to the 4th instead. Our sales went back down for that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment